Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Old Lost Treasures


I must show you what I found today.

Just down the road from my house is a funky, quirky little shop, it is dedicated to all things vintage and is the home of many old lost treasures!

I have purchased a few odds and ends there over the past few years and these little gems are my latest finds.

I just love the shape of these retro Bessemer cups (mugs) one in my new favourite colour Chartreuse Green and the other in a gorgeous Aqua,
don't they just sing, standing there together!

Of course this is only the beginning, I now hope for my little set to grow, just imagine the colour possibilities, Persimmon, Cherry, Buttermilk, Baby Doll Pink. who knows, that's part of the fun!


What would be the treasure you have found that gives you the biggest thrill, you were in the right place at the right time and snapped it up and took it home?

love to hear about it!!




Until next time

Blessings

Simone

1 comment:

  1. I have two such treasures - firstly I was at the Op shop and there were six crystal long stemmed martini glasses for $2.00 each, these are great for chocolate mousse.....
    secondly at the same op shop at a different time I came across two little minature dolls - two inches long with moveable arms and legs just like I had when I was a little girl in the 50's. As soon as I saw the dolls I just had to have them. I too am like you and would like my set of minature dolls to grow and I find myself at the op shop lookng every week!! Good luck with your hunt for some more retro mugs. Cheers Oriel.

    ReplyDelete