Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome Back!

Hello again and Happy New Year.
It has been way too long since I made a post and am happy to be back.
I hope you all had a truly scrumptious Christmas and made many loved ones feel special with hand made gifts!

We usually have a very quiet Christmas Day which is always welcome, the lead up is always crazy busy.
It was our first Christmas without my darling Grandmother who passed away in Feb 2010 she was 94, so a time of remembering and reflecting for us this year.

I usually bake quite a bit at Christmas time and made some gorgeous Lemon Curd again his year, and thought I would share the recipe with you all.

there is simply nothing better on hot toast!

Lemon Curd
Juice of 2 lemons
2 eggs, lightly whisked
3/4 cup caster sugar
125g (4oz) unsalted butter, chopped
1 teaspoon cornflour

Place all ingredients in small saucepan. Stir with a whisk over low heat until the mixture thickens, without allowing it to boil.
Remove from heat, pour into sterilised jars and seal.
Keep in the fridge
It will keep in the fridge for 1 month after opening.


Until next time, when hopefully I will have some new things to show, planning a tree theme this year and I will be working with Anni Downs gorgeous Felted Wool, plus heaps more!


Blessings

Simone

2 comments:

  1. Hi Simone!
    Good to see you back in the blogosphere! I've had quite a bit of down time, but it's been so good to enjoy the school hols.

    Thank you for the lemon curd recipe - one of my fave spreads!

    Vikki :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vikki,
    Lovely to hear from you!

    Would still love to get together with Gail, I will email her and get back to you.

    Simone

    ReplyDelete